Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Bachelorette- One episode way from a tranquilizer

Well now I'm just starting to feel bad for the producers. They must have been working around the clock trying to make her bullshit remotely interesting. This girl is a fuckin mess. She is an emotional train wreck that has gone from slightly peaking my curiosity to sheer and total boredom. I started the season with high hopes for some good drama and at least a couple hours of entertainment a week. And now I feel like I should be setting up a therapy trust fund for the girl. The fact that Chris Harrison is counseling this chick and saying there is no way for her to have a successful ending at the rate she is going should send alarms flying for her. Let me spell this out for you Ash: When the frickin host of a reality dating show tells you your shit ain't together, you have some MAJOR problems!

So I couldn't help but laugh at all the little oddities and "drama inducing" moments that ABC pushed. It reminds me of this behind the scenes episode I saw on the production of the show "Survivor". Once I saw that they were releasing caged snakes into water and filming it to add that "danger" element, the show was never the same for me. Did anyone else notice the number of stray dogs throughout the show? Must be a Thailand thing or perhaps the staff just travels with their pets everywhere. Ummm, burning the rose after sending William and Ben C. home.... necessary? I think not. And really, a legit Thai fighting match??? These poor douchebags. I think in previous seasons when they have done similar "fight" scenes, it was much more acting and editing. But not so for these boys- they had a good old fashioned ass whooping. It's a basic principle in the entertainment world- bombs, boobs and brawls bring in the audience. Well bombs are ill suited and home girl has no boobs so the result seems obvious.

On to the boys. I'm seriously unimpressed. This probably has more to do with Ashley than anything, but let's be real- none of them give a shit about her. And why should they? She can't get over Bentley. She is extremely insecure. She begs for the truth and seems to have trouble recognizing it when it's staring her in the face. And her hair is beyond irritating to me at this point. Oh but back to the dudes (I digress...)

- JP: Still really like him. I'm not sure why he likes her, but he seems legit. Love how he said "the Jew from Long Island just kicked the Irishman's ass"

- Mickey: Are you seriously still here?

- Constantine: Still can't tell you apart from Ben F. Found your "honesty" irritating. You clearly are enjoying the perks of free travel and booze. But I don't really blame you. Cut your hair.

- Blake: You may be as insecure as she is.

- Ben F: Snooze. Glad you decided to grab life by the horns after years of moping. Good for you. To the rest of the world, that's called Paxil. Cut your hair as well.

- Lucas: Still not really sure who you are. You might be the silent one that comes up to win it. They tend to keep one under wraps to throw us for the loop towards the end.

- Ryan: Wipe that silly little smirk off your face. Shit eating grin.
- William: Good riddance. You also need therapy big time.

- Ames: Like you more and more despite your distracting forehead. (I know that's mean, but hey this is my blog). I have to say I did not mind the pink on you (again forced ABC drama over pant color- stupid). Felt pretty bad for you getting your ass handed to you like that. You seriously should have walked off the set- she's not worth it bro.

- Ben C: Damn! I was rooting for you! So our friend Greg went to Tulane Law with Ben and was an acquaintance of his. So here's a repost of what Greg wrote me about him:

To me, this is hilarious, because I remember him as being really quiet and introverted. Whenever he did talk, he would kind of speak in a nervous, fast way. He is ridiculously good looking (no homo), but otherwise just did not seem like the reality TV show contestant type. He and I didn't really hang out together. He dated another law student for most of the time we were there. She was cool, pretty, outgoing, one of those people everyone liked. His girlfriend and I had some mutual friends so Ben and I ended up in the same bar/at the same party a lot. I thought he was a nice guy. I can't remember anyone saying anything to me about him that was negative. I never heard any rumors about him cheating on her, which is pretty good, given some of the others guys we went to school with. I have no idea why they broke up, and until someone told me he was doing this show I just kind of assumed they had gotten married. His girlfriend and her friends were all superstar students, so I'm sure he made good grades too. I think he works at one of the bigger law firms in New Orleans, so $$$. I am just at a loss for what his motivation would be. Commercial/corporate law can be soul-crushing, so maybe this is his way out.

Well I know I'll tune in next week. At this point I'm committed to the end. I'm no quitter! I'm hoping for some serious Bentley drama but I'm not putting much stock in it either.

No comments:

Post a Comment