Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Bachelorette- Snooze Fest 2011

Not even Thailand could perk up this episode. I fell asleep twice watching it. Ashley Ashley Ashley- you need a stylist and a curling iron stat! Who is in charge of adapters here? Clearly the girl is in need of some hair equipment. I realize it's raining but we are talking about national TV. You need to figure out a cute updo immediately. This was unfortunate as well as distracting. Furthermore, I'm not sure who was in charge of her wardrobe but it was tragic! Bright red shorts, wife beater and espadrilles. I'm not feeling the Rainbow Bright ensembles on her. Again, a few modifications and she would have been ok. Twist your hair up, put on a cute blouse and reasonable shoes. She also seems to be a fan of one shouldered over-sized tops. This just screams Victoria's Secret clothing catalogue to me.... except she has no boobs and no sex appeal. Poor thing. I will give her a little credit for the rose ceremony dress- great colors on her and sassy. She also finally fixed her hair. Maybe her luggage had been lost...

I'm finding her to be the equivalent of that Borghese guy in terms of being the Bachelor/Bachelorette. Worthless. Harsh I know but really it's called knowing your limits. She wasn't the right person for the job. The fact that she is stuck on Bentley after only a matter of hours together is just sad. In reality REALITY, how much stock can you even put on the relationship after a whole season on filming? None really. So we're supposed to feel bad for you after you had two group dates with some dude. I think she really has no sense of self and has poor judgement. I mean she goes from settling on a winner in the first 2 episodes to keeping extra guys because she could see herself with any of them. Really? Honestly, I'm impressed none of the guys have jumped ship yet. I guess the fact that they get a bad ass vacation to an exotic location has kept many of them around. I can't believe I'm going to say it, but here goes: She hasn't formed a real "connection" with any of them yet. Frankly, I'm having a hard time telling them apart still. Like Ben F and Constantine- who the fuck is who? They both seriously need a haircut which has become more and more apparent with the humidity. Also, anyone else having a hard time distinguishing between William, Blake and Ryan. Hmm tall white dudes with crew cuts and extremely straight teeth. Bland bland bland like the rest of the season.

One final thought on Ashley- I was terribly annoyed with her reaction to these tsunami orphans. Could she have been more excited about their tragic lives? I mean she was yeeing and hawing that whole segment. They have no parents!!! yippeee! They lost everything! Here's a bike, yay!!!! Don't get me wrong- this was a wonderful thing for ABC to do but Ashley you need to appreciate the situation and check yourself. She's like a short and young version of Ty Peddington (thank God they didn't give her a bull horn).

A couple thoughts on the guys- Ryan... funny watching him be pissed over complaints he was too happy. Ironic. West- oh please! Wah wah wah- just waiting for your 15 minutes of fame. I'm still not sure I believe his wife just happened to drown in the bathtub. You have to be semi- messed up for your mother-in-law to have you investigated for murder. Ben C- where you been dude? I'd like to see more of him and JP. They both seem solid at this point. Which I'm not sure how much that is saying for this season as a whole...

Next week looks great. What the hell could Bentley possibly have to say? Perhaps he wants to cement his celibacy for life by affirming his douchebag nature once and for all. I'll definitely be tuning in.

4 comments:

  1. Love it, as always! :) I haven't even been watching (because I freaking CAN'T here in Paris) so your blogs have been keeping me entertained and intrigued! Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed well put so boring maybe it's the lack of wine on my part! But like JP definitely need more of him. Truthfully I'm more excited about bachelor pad and it was a major let down last year. On to big brother July 7th. Watch and blog this ur sista

    ReplyDelete
  3. Traci!!! I'm stoked about BB! YAY! Let's start some real drama.

    Maybe I'm weird, but I was totally into Ames after this episode. Something just kick started there...I think we need to start an online drinking game...everytime Ashley says Bentley's name, we must all drink. Holy crap....get over that db. Thanks for the blog...love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ty Pennington! Love it!

    Don't worry Sang you haven't been missing much.

    Did anyone else notice how bad her fake tan was looking?

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete