Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Bachelorette- Ding Dongs in Hong Kong

Seems like Ashley has a new uniform- silky oversized blouse and skinny jeans. The whole episode was like watching a J. Crew commercial. At times, she looked better than others, but I'm just not feeling her style. Seems like every week she is trying a new personality. This week, I thought it was bit mature for her age and if I'm being honest (which we all know I can't help but to be), she seems a little bow-legged in the tight pants. Normally, I think she makes up for her casual looks with her more formal attire, but holy crap I kept thinking of Asian prostitutes with each new dress (think Full Metal Jacket). The white dress with snake eyes and large cut out in the back was the worst- too tight and too short. Same for the glitter number at the rose ceremony. Again, I think it's a stylist issue and perhaps the weather is just really against her hair this season. Not sure... (I can't help but laugh as I reread this while I am personally wearing a Habitat for Humanity t-shirt that is barely covering my basketball belly and flannel floral pajama pants... takes one to know one right???)

So let's dissect this Bentley mess. I'm thinking that the production team finally let Ashley in on some footage of him. She went from choking back happy tears with Chris Harrison to a major chip on her shoulder when she finally sees Bentley. There is no freaking way she just "got it". I mean he was definitely a tool during their "meeting" but he wasn't all that different from any other time she was with him. I am having a really hard time believing that she finally understood he was just looking for a good "vacay" as she put it to him. Major props for the "FUCK you" she threw out to him in her interview. That's the most I've respected her all season.

As for the rose ceremony, I was slightly surprised with the guys reaction to Bentley having been in Hong Kong. I mean you are on a dating reality show competing with 24 other guys for her time and attention. And now you are upset that she had feelings for someone else? Personally, I think it's her delivery. She goes to them and says "I'm so happy to tell you that I'm finally over Bentley". Well I guess I wouldn't react all that well either. But frankly, it was a bit dramatic on Mickey, Blake and Lucas' part if you ask me. Grow a pair boys.

Some thoughts on the boys:

- JP: I believe you are the winner. You will stay together but not propose because you realize this chick ain't stable. I bet you break up by October.

-Lucas: I really started liking him on their date until he became a total sissy at the rose ceremony. I think I see a secret temper (i.e. Brad Womack).

- Ryan: I'm over him. Shit eating grin and all.

- Ames: I'm gonna give you second place. You grow on me a bit more each episode although that elevator scene was super awkward. He's such a dork in a going to be really rich kind of way. So it's hard to see him try to be spontaneous and romantic. He might learn though...

- Ben F: Hmmm you looked like the Kardashian's dressed you for your date. You seem a little too labile for my taste.

- Constantine: Clearly a good vacay for him. I see no connection here.

Who am I missing? Well this is all I can think of for now. I believe she has made some progress this week, but probably not enough to salvage a true and lasting relationship. Hot mess seems to sum her up. Should be interesting to watch.

3 comments:

  1. Agreed but I can't get past Ames and the connection to Aperts. I know so mean but seriously that forehead!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha ok you wrote it, not me. hahaha evil laugh

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm happy blake is gone. i really wanted to like him because of his gorgeous smile (hello dentist!) but he just gave me the creeps....even until he walked out.

    i agree amy - ashley gained a couple points in my book for the double f-bomb in this episode.

    jp is the only one who really does it for me? why do i think that guy is so sexy? is it the shaved head?

    ReplyDelete